Wednesday, March 3

Xerxmania

So it's March and, because I have nothing else to do, that means planning my Script Frenzy for April. Do you remember me telling you about National Novel Writers Month back in November? Yeah, well similar thing, but you write a script.
30 days. 100 pages. April. Are you in?
Well, I'll be writing the script to Xerxmania: Xerxes the Musical, it's the play my Ancient history class planned while procrastinating instead of studying.

Xerxmania is the untold story of Xerxes second wife who petitions for divorce because she's not his favourite wife. The play was based of the idea that only the king's mother and favourite wife could sit at his table.
Anyways, here's me encouraging you to get involved in Script Frenzy this year. Now I'm going to run (well the crutch-using equivalent) off and procrastinate elsewhere.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun.
    I suck at writing scripts (well, I've never written one but I already know) so I'll just stick to NaNoWriMo every year. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo! Xerxmania! And is O'Malley getting involved?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that's SO awesome! LOL.
    I heard about script frenzy but I wasn't sure I would do it...perhaps I could write a movie screenplay.
    Not sure. I don't think my schedule or my brain could take a second NaNoWriMo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Laura - I've never really written a script before but they have great how-to's on the website.
    @ Chairman - Yep, O'Malley is writing Zompocolypse the Musical (music may or may not be included).
    @ Scott - I'm sure you'd write an awesome screenplay but I get what you mean. When I did NaNoWriMo I had my exams for the first half of the month, but I managed in the end. But this time round my schedule is massively free, so I'll (hopefully) be cruising.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you good luck with the script-writing!
    I was going to enter the contest as well, but I'm really bad at writing scripts, hence I didn't enter.

    xx Blaize

    ReplyDelete