Saturday, March 13

100 and a Disco

Yay! My 100th post!
Time for a little 100th post party. Help yourself to the cupcakes. Sorry about all the confetti, it got a little wild for a moment there.
Anyway, on to what I was actually going to talk about (there's fairy bread, too, by the way. Just over there, behind the party pies. Yep, that's right. All sorted?).
Don't you love dances? Or, as they're still known in our backwards town, discos?

(Me: Didn't discos go extincted after the 70's?
Town elder: What! We're out of the 70's! Quick notify Mr.
Sheridan!
Me: Wasn't he like a town founder or something? Either way, he's
dead.
Town elder: Oh my! The town can't cope with such dramatic
change!)

Well, we have Youth Week coming up in April; a nation wide celebration of the youth of the community (that's me, by the way.) And so, as per town tradition, there's going to be a disco!
Of course, the Youth Council, a committee without any power run by the youth of the community, are running Youth Week and trying to organise some other activities (Movie night, LAN Gaming comp. and laser tag!!), but they're just to radical for the Town Elders that run the local council. The disco on the other hand, is something we know.
Unfortunately, I missed the meeting when the disco theme was decided upon. So I'm afraid it's going to be a rather unfortunate disco. The disco theme:

Twilight and Avartar

So... Um...
Well I have a choice of covering myself in body glitter or painting myself blue. This is a hard decision.
So. I can either look like a smurf or Lady Gaga...
This will take some thought.
Screw it. I'm dressing up as Russel from Up.
My brother's old Scout uniform, a sash and a zillion badges. Easy. Of course, Batman, James Bond, Ghostbusters and Darleks may not exactly be Wilderness Explorer badges, but they'll do. As will badges saying Sarcasm Society: like we need your support, my imaginary friend could beat up your imaginary friend and this is not a badge.
So I guess that's the disco taken care of. Sort of... The rest of Youth Week seems like it's going to be gnarly, so bring on April!
And that's all folks. Feel free to take a slice of cake for the road. Don't forget your little goodybag.
P.s. While writing this a had to go answer the phone and on my way back I forgot one of my crutches. No an easy thing to do. Just thought I'd tell you that.

5 comments:

  1. Aww the cupcakes are all gone! :(
    That's a pretty cool disco theme; I would dress up as a vampire! My school has the worst themes ever (like slumber party).

    xx Blaize

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should dress up as a vampire and go round biting everyone. :P.

    Now, I'm off... to fight crimes and save peoples! *steals plate of fairy bread*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm Annie. Not to be a creeper, but I found your blog off of Script Frenzy. It's neat (:

    Happy 100th post! A Twilight and Avatar disco!? Oh my, I cannot find a word to describe that. Even though I am not into Twilight, Avatar, or discoing, that does sound slightly amazing. I wish my town had that kind of creativity. I think you you're going to impress the crowd with your Up costume, because Up is by far the superior movie. And nobody can disco like a boy scout.

    -Annie of http://bundleofnerds.blogspot.com/

    Good luck with Screnzy! And have bunched of fun discoing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura took the fairy bread :( and you should seriously post a pic of you looking like russel. i'm sure you'll look awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Penguins! :D

    Hehe You could go as a really obscure Twilight character, just to mess with everyone's head. :D

    ReplyDelete