Monday, December 7

McMusic

One of the things I love about working part time at MacDonald's is the ambient soundtrack. One of the things that scares me about working part time at MacDonald's is that I'm now aware that I have the majority of the Maccas soundtrack on my iPod.
But truthfully, our local MacDonald's does have one of the greatest play lists I've ever heard in a store.
If you come here you will sing at least part of one song. And truth be told, the managers and crew members are always bursting out into song. Although, I am yet to find one of us who can actually sing well.
The other day a customer and I broke out in a duet to the Police which was a really cool moment, actually. Even if it wasn't quite Food Court Musical.
The awesome soundtrack is pretty much made up of those songs you love to sing along to but may not be exactly willing to admit that you like. You know, like ABBA. I sing along to lots of bands like Queen, INXS and the Eurythmics, and of course killer songs like Don't Call Me Baby (I sadly know all the words). Nine to Five used to play a lot but the soundtrack has been changes since then. It was an unofficial rule that if you were working nine to five you had to sing along (and if you were working 5 to 9 you had to sing it backwards).
The Eurythmics are my favourite. When your mopping in the bathrooms you can't help but belt out a couple of lines to Would I Lie to You?
Are there any killer songs at your local fast food joint that make you jump up, dance and sing?

14 comments:

  1. Haha, LOLL.
    I don't go to my local Maccas very often so I don't remember the songs which are played. idk.

    But my brother works at Safeway (i.e. Woolworths) and whenever a song comes on the TV/radio/whatever, my brother sometimes goes, "That's a Safeway song." Because that particular song was played at Safeway while he was working.

    :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I do that.
    I love woolworths and safeways. We play a game when driving where we spot Woolworths trucks. It's so lame. Its just like I spy.
    Mostly I dislike the music that plays at the Woolies near here. It's always playing stupid Woolworths ads. Except when it played Stuck in a Moment that You Can't Get Out Of by U2, my brother and I sang the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday I was at an event and me and the other volunteers and I all belted out a rendition of Sweet Home Alabama in the parking lot. Gotta love Lynyrd Skynyrd. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, thats awesome! I think one of my friends and I have done Sweet Home Alabama before, but I can't really remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was such a hilarious read :)
    i wish i'd been there to see the duet happening

    ReplyDelete
  6. The duet was kind of wierd. I was on one side of a cabinet and he was on the other so we couldn't really see each other. When I noticed he was singing as well I got louder, then he got louder too.
    I didn't even see the guy properly cause I pretty much disappeared after the song ended. Oh well, it was a pretty cool moment.
    No one else was around, either, just me and that guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and L, thanks for following. Can I hope that that L is a Death Note reference and not just an initial or is that too much to ask?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wasn't the Stuck In A Moment thing at the IGA?

    ReplyDelete
  9. No. In Woolworths in the town over. Near the frozen foods.
    Although we may have done it more than once. Who knows with us?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like so much fun! I don't get to sing at work because I work at a library. We're supposed to be quiet. :(

    However, I do sing along to my radio all of the time, even though I have couldn't sing to save my life. I have an impressive array of Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and Ozzy Osbourne lyrics memorized, if I may so myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've definitely done it more than once than. I distincly recall singing it near the cleaning supplies in IGA.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, its too bad you don't get to sing at work Zella, but at least youre working in a library, thats awesome. And I like your music choice as well.
    And Mr Chairman, I think you are right. I believe we have also sung U2 with the cleaning supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh you like death note too? cool! light is so hot! :D

    no, actually the L. stands for Lucy which is my horrible, horrible name. :P I dont like my name so i call myself L. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just got home from singing - I mean working - at Maccas! Great fun. (Nelso got electrocuted!)

    ReplyDelete