Monday, November 30

NaNoWriMo Winner and Very Mild Super Powers

YES!!50 000 words have now been written and Scott, I have finally joined you!
All month people have been asking my why I was crazy enough to try and write 50 000 words in a month and, well, this feeling I have now is what made it totally worth it. Who would have thought that 50 000 words of pure torture would wind up being the worlds best drug? What can I say? I'm a masochist.
Although, even though I have now finished NaNoWriMo the stupid book is no where near finished. But don't worry, once I'm done and have edited it it would probably have been cut back down to something like 20 000.
Even so, after a full month of writing I think I'll be concentrating on other things for a while. I want to read more Skip Beat and One Piece and there are thousands of novels I want to read. I've finally started to read Lord of the Flies. And my friends have been bugging me to write the second issue of my comic, "Very Mild Super Powers".
I wrote the first one for an English assignment about belonging so the characters are all based on my friends and me. My character is Lorizzle (that's my brother's nickname for me) and my very mild super power is the ability to tell when someone is lying. Unfortunatly I don't understand sarcasm and am pretty much the dumb one in the group. Well we and Little Willy. He can secrete moisturiser from his pours.
The other characters include Ben Boy, who can shoot C-grade lazers out of his eyes, Pieman, who knows how things work, Bookman can read books through osmosis, Riksta, who can talk her way out of things, Kon, who can turn invisible when no one is looking, Confusious, who can confuse anyone, Court, who can turn hot things cold and is the only member of the tean who can swim, and Davetron who can sharpen objects with his mind.
I'm thinking of posting the first issue of the comic but I'm not sure how well it would work out.
Anyway, I'm really just rambling now so, Good day. I plan on going and buying Rise Against tickets for February.

16 comments:

  1. Hurray for you! :)

    *high fives penguins quack and makes lots of celebratory noise*

    I am so happy for you! I know that must have been a tremendous amount of work! What is your Nano novel about?

    I would love to read your comic! It sounds hilarious. :D

    And this is just really random, but I love LOTF - one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. :D.
    I'm ALMOST finished, omigod.

    YES, I WANNA SEE THE COMIC.
    You may view my comics here: http://zoidberg-cool.deviantart.com/

    My comics SUCK though. They are all of Dale Thomas. :/.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PENGUINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
    Yes yes yes! I knew you could do it! *Shoots off illegal fireworks*
    The Very Mild Superheroes looks interesting. I'd love to see it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone! I will probably try posting VMSP sometime soon.
    Laura! Hurry up and finish! I won't let you not finish. If Scott threatened me with rabid ferrets I'm going to send feral penguins after you if you don't finish (cause that's just how I roll). I hope you join us at the top soon.
    Zella, my Nano has a pretty crumby cliche plot, I personally believe. Except the main character dies in the first couple of paragraphs. It's pretty much about her trying to stop a murder before it happens. She has been enlisted by death to prevent people from dying before their time due to human means (i.e. suicide, murder, war etc).
    I really REALLY want to read yours Scott. It sounds so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. penguins quack, I think your plot sounds really good. I love murder stories! (I do not mean that weirdly. Please do not sic the rabid penguins on me... They sound vicious. :D )

    I would love to read your novel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I love how, due to time zones, my comments are always posted on your blog in the future. I suppose when you post on mine they are posted the day before? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soory to say, Zella, but my book doesn't seem to have much to it when it comes to the murder. I suck at suspense and I don't read too many murder novels cause they freak me out so I don't know how to go about it. It's definately not my best work. I'm better at short stories, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool! We can time travel! Who would have thought that a mild mannered penguin could travel back in time?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura, I'm really embarassed to admit it to you, but I'm not really sure who Dale Thomas is.
    I'm from a tiny town where it is pretty much illegal to follow AFL (they're all into NRL (yuck)), so I had to give up my Dockers support if I wanted to live (yes I know the Dockers suck, but they're Fremantle and you don't get a cooler place than Fremantle (Perth is the greatest Australian city ever!))
    Not that I'm into sports anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOLL, yeah, Dale Thomas plays in the AFL. So, generally, most people don't know about him unless they watch an AFL game.

    I don't know much about the NRL... :/.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha, Laura, you're so lucky. I wish I didn't know much about the NRL but I hear so much about it during footy season.
    I prefer AFL but I don't keep track of it. Like I said, I'm not into sports. I just silently celebrate everytime I hear that the Dockers won and curse everytime the Eagles get into the finals.
    Actually, taking about AFL, can you tell me who won this year. Its been an AFL blackout here this year because our home NRL team got into the finals all AFL support was on lockdown

    ReplyDelete
  12. Geelong won the Grand Final in what was a very close match against St Kilda.

    Is your home team Parramatta Eels? They got into the Grand Final, yeah? I watched a bit of that match and then I was like, "OH GOD THIS IS THE STUPIDEST GAME EVER, IDK WHAT IS GOING ON."

    And no offence, but why would someone call a team "Eels"? Whut. The. Hell.
    Eels are slimy gross creatures that live in the ocean that some weird people eat.
    Ugh.
    :/.
    #rant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nah, I meant our local team. Paramatta isn't going to be too local for me, its in the city and I'm in a country hole.
    My local team are tigers, but not THE Tigers. They got pwnd.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I see.
    Cool.

    Tigers are an awesome team in the AFL, despite being on the bottom of the ladder and Richo being injured/retired.

    I like the Tigers because tiger is an awesome animal. :D.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tigers are awesome animals. Particually white tigers. And snow lepards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So are Penguins. Can't forget about penguins

    ReplyDelete