Tuesday, June 29

My Life According to... the Books on my Bookshelf

You may remember a few months back I did, My Life According to Rise Against where I answered questions using only names of songs by my favourite band. Well today I decided to do the same thing, but rather than a band I'm using books from my bookshelf.

Using only titles from books on your bookshelf, cleverly answer these questions. Pass it on to 10 people you like and include me. Try not to repeat a title. It's a lot harder than you think!

Are you a male or female: The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory

Describe yourself: the Historian - Elizabeth Kostova

How do you feel: Fear Drive my Feet - Peter Ryan

Where do you currently live: [Actual name of my town] (yeah, I have a book that is the history of my town, but I'm not relaying it here)

If you could go anywhere, where would you go: the Heaven Shop - Debora Ellis

Your favourite form of transportation: The Time Machine - H.G. Wells

Your best friend is: A Little Princess - Frances Hodgson Burnett

You and your best friends are: Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

What's the weather like: Cloudstreet - Tim Winton

Favourite time of day: Twilight (yuck, I know, but I do love that time of day) - She Who Must Not Be Named

If your life was a TV show, what would it be called: Lady Dance - Jackie French

What is life to you: War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy

Your relationship: Catch-22 - Joseph Heller

Your fear: Dracula - Bram Stoker

What is the best advice you have to give: Atonement - Ian McEwan

Thought for the Day: There's a Hippopotamus in the Playground Eating Cake - Hazel Edwards

How would you like to die: Entertaining Satan - John Demos

My soul's present condition: Meltdown - Andy McNab

My motto: I Wish I had a Pirate Suit - Pamela Allen


So now you know I love children's books. What does your bookshelf say about you?

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that's cool.
    :D.

    I'm gonna steal this meme thingy. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried doing it in my head, but most of the books in my room are so random its didn't work. I mean really "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich", Nancy Wake's biography, David Tennant's biography, a book on Albert Speer and Leni Riefenstahl...and there only the ones I can see!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative Penguins. :D I love how you put the author of that rather terrible work as "She who must not be named."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so awesome! I am definitely doing this on my blog! Thanks, Penguins!

    I see you own Atonement. What do you think of it? It is one of my new favorites. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, yes do it!
    Yeah, Lara, good luck with that...
    Thank you, Feathers. I was embarrased enoough just writing the title of that book.
    Zella. *Sheepishly* I may not have read Atonement yet. A lot of these books are on my bookshelf for me to get around to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be not sheepish, my dear Penguins. :) I own a lot of books that I haven't read yet, either. *cough* They will feature prominently in my own list. *cough* :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I may have to steal this one, Penguins :D
    (also, Rise Against = AWESOME)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My bookshelf currently only has 7 books on it:(, unless you count textbooks (then it has 12), but I'm not sure Essential Calculus, Linear Algebra and its Applications or Matter and Interactions will help me much

    ReplyDelete