Saturday, February 14

The Great Toothpaste Caper

I will begin by telling you how important it is to me that my teeth are clean. If my teeth aren't clean and I have that awful taste in my mouth I just can't make it through the day.
Late yesterday evening, to the horror of myself and my family we had run completely out of toothpaste. How it had happened, no one knew. Being late in the evening, nowhere in our small town was open and selling toothpaste. Panic erupted.
In an urgent, desperate search, mum eventually unearthed two tiny tubes of aeroplane toothpaste. You may know the ones I refer to; they are made for only one use and even then there is not enough. These two tubes had to get the four of us through that night and the next morning.
I didn't need to guess how old that toothpaste was. I knew. It had come into our possession on a flight home from Perth, at least four years earlier. I wonder how ling toothpaste lasts? But, I suppose, if ten-year-old pasta sauce did no harm than the toothpaste should be fine... Right?
The toothpaste was horrid. It tasted horrid, it left my teeth scummier than before I started, I would have been better off washing my mouth out with dish washing liquid.
I must say, I am thankful to brush my teeth wish proper toothpaste again. you never understand how wonderfully incredible toothpaste is until you've had to go without it.
There is definitely a moral to this story but I'm too tired to figure it out at the moment, although I'm sure you already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment