Wednesday, February 18

The Freak in the Bed Sheet

Why is it so absurd to wear a toga to a school sporting event?
I waltz down the street wearing it, waving a two-dollar plastic katana around my head (I don't know why I chose the culture clash, but it seemed to fit) and no one gives me a second glance. But the second I'm in with my peers I'm the freak in the bed-sheet.
The teachers thought I had a cool costume, my friend thought me brave, but to everyone else: the freak in the bed sheet.
But then, most of my friends weren't even there and those who were ranged from an exact Naruto double to a L33T gamer, so they're the type of people who'd find anything bizarre cool. But then again, those are the type of people I tend to befriend.
All the same, if a toga at a sporting event is a strange occurrence, I am still going to be the freak in the bed sheet.

2 comments:

  1. Remember that scene in Life of Brian where Brian is addressing a crowd from his balcony. He is trying to make them go away

    FOLLOWERS: Brian! Brian! Brian!...
    BRIAN: Good morning.
    FOLLOWERS: A blessing! A blessing! A blessing!...
    BRIAN: No. No, please! Please! Please listen. I've got one or two things to say.
    FOLLOWERS: Tell us. Tell us both of them.
    BRIAN: Look. You've got it all wrong. You don't need to follow me. You don't need to follow anybody! You've got to think for yourselves. You're all individuals!
    FOLLOWERS: Yes, we're all individuals!
    BRIAN: You're all different!
    FOLLOWERS: Yes, we are all different!
    DENNIS: I'm not.


    Keep up the good work Dennis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I follow your drift... or if you follow mine...
    But still, I'm glad to have a life on Brian quote on my blog, so, thank you. xxx

    ReplyDelete