Wednesday, May 5

My Perfect Guy

I was looking over some of the older stuff on my blog and realised that I apparently love writing lists. So here's one more. I go this idea from a friends website who wrote the things he looks for in a girl.
So here's what I look for in a guy:
  1. Is Holden Caulfield. Although anyone on my list to the right would suffice.
  2. Is intellectually badass.
  3. Is irresistibly drop-dead gorgeous, because I am superficial.
  4. Can sing and will serenade me. Because there is nothing creepy about being serenaded except if it's with Every Breath You Take or something by A Day to Remember because that would basically mean I'd just been murdered by my perfect man. Which would suck.
  5. Will sit through Disney movies with me and enjoy them. In fact, will also sing along with me.
  6. The simple girly things: is willing to commit, is not a player, etc.
  7. Has an incredible sense of humour.
  8. Can put up with me and my me-ness
  9. Is passionate about things.
  10. Love to read
  11. Shares my manga obsession.
  12. Has amazing taste in music
  13. Understands me perfectly.
  14. Can get me backstage at a Rise Against concert
  15. Is just all round fun to be with
  16. Is an awesome gamer.
  17. Will act childish with me
  18. Has an epic accent.
  19. Is NOT a psychopath
  20. Loves me!

How do you score? Haha.

17 comments:

  1. Hehe Holden does have his charm. :D

    I put a big emphasis on intelligence, sense of humor, and shared values. And kindness. If a guy is a jerk, I am not putting up with him. Being easy on the eyes doesn't hurt, but it's not the first thing I notice. (Well, it *is* the first thing I notice, but it doesn't mean as much to me as the other things.) Said guy being an ubernerd would definitely be a bonus! As of yet, I have yet to find a guy who matches all of the above. Oh, well, I did, but seeing as he is engaged to someone else, that doesn't count. Whatever. *sulks*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, poor Zella. have a hug. You'll find another perfect guy. (So glad to see that you know engaged means untouchable. I know some girls who still need to realise that).

    And I love the sound of your perfect guy. I actually think I missed the fact that he needs to be kind. But I won't put up with jerkiness.

    And truthfully, I don't really care about appearance (as long as they're groomed and showered) but it definately doesn't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Holden Caulfield. He's stealing all the ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What, Scott!? No way! Holden is mine! Back of ladies, I bite!

    And thank you, Kendra.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha nice post Penguins!

    I must say you did perfectly with 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 17, 19, and 20. Not all of them are required but they are marvelous traits.

    I agree with Zella; although looks are the first thing anyone notices (unless they're blind) I tend to overlook looks faster than most people. Or more like it, if I like someone their appearance grows on me. :D

    *hugs Zella* That hurts, but I know you'll find the perfect guy that sees just how amazing you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree! Your list rocks, because it's exactly like mine. Except you can have Holden. I want Wentworth from Persuasion :)

    I think looks are one of the first things I notice about a guy as well. Except I think that factor dwindles in importance as I get to know him better. I think personality is probably the thing that attracts me most. I want a guy that is funny, playful, loves to read and loves me wholeheartedly. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I agree with you, Feathers, if you like someone their looks definately grow on you, even if they're the ugliest person on earth you will end up loving everything about their appearance.

    @Lucy: Great! You can have Wentworth, I'll have Holden and we can going on fictional double dates together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I scored so well, omg. Let's go for coffee, what day is good for you...?

    Okay, okay, I'm joking. But you have really high expectations, lol. I'd just settle with some hobo. As long as he has hobo gloves and will share them with me, I'm happy. :D.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Number 19 is pretty crucial, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damn right, Lale!

    Laura, Friday I'm a tad busy, but Saturday's good.

    And, hey, if the Hobo fit the majority of my list I'd go for him too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome list, I'm loving where you got the inspiration.

    I don't know about you but when I did this kept I getting ambushed by girls convinced that my list was written all about them D:

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Random Rawr - I'll settle for 5 or 6 of these, but the more the better ;)

    @Anticipation - I scored about 15/23 on yours so you must be pretty easy to please. So far no one has said my list resembles them but Laura did score very well and now we have a date for Saturday. How'd you score?

    ReplyDelete
  13. 16/20 =P

    I'm not Holden, I can't really claim to understand you perfectly yet ;p, I like Rise Against but I really have my doubts about getting backstage tickets and I'm fair sure I can't love a person I haven't met.

    The girls at school are having contests about who scores the most D:

    Apparently win -.-

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol @ the fact u got the inspiration from ur stalker, one Tom Parker

    ReplyDelete