Monday, August 24

Forgotten Bookmarks

So I wouldn't normally rant about another blog but the blog of note a few days back, Forgotten Bookmarks, is one of the most wonderful websites I've ever seen. He works in a secondhand bookstore and posts all the different bookmarks he finds in the old books, things like letters and postcards and photos. It reminded me of all the little post-it note messages I leave in school texts and library books; things like how the finder will never finish Great Expectations and how Romeo and Juliet is the sookiest attempt at a love story ever.
Forgotten Bookmarks had me just about ready to give up school and my dream of museum curator in favour of a secondhand bookstore. It's funny really, it's the second time I've had such an urge, the first after watching Bernard on Black Books. There's something wonderful about English comedy.
I think I'd be happy in a secondhand bookstore really, it combines the two things I love most, old things and books. And I just love the romantic appeal of finding forgotten things within the pages of a book. Right now you have no idea of who romantically wild my imagination is running.
Oh well, I guess I'm being silly really, but wouldn't a simple bookshop offer such an uncomplicated and trouble-free existence?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I love reading a book from the library and finding post-it notes that people had put in there for bookmarks. ^____^

    ReplyDelete