Thursday, March 17

Irrational Fears

I know I've done a list of scary things before but these aren't just scary things, these are things I'm seriously and ridiculously scared of and irrationally paranoid about. Also, recycling old blog posts is what I do best.
  1. Zombies: Did you know there is a type of virus in the Amazon that controls the minds of ants? And according to the Chairman there is a type of parasite that lives in rats but only breeds in the intestines of cats so it infects the rats brain and makes it run towards the cat instead of away? Zombies are real and its totally likely that human varieties will become possible. I have a zompocalypse plan and a back up plan (Bunnings Warehouse).
  2. Velocoraptors: I was watching some ridiculous countdown show and it said that Jurassic Park had been "scientifically proven" to be one of the most likely Sci-Fi movies to come true, after all, we do have cloning techniques and preserved specimens of dinosaur DNA. All we need now is someone dumb enough to try cloning one. And seriously people, velocoraptors CAN OPEN DOORS! What isn't to fear?
  3. Evil ninjas with jetpacks: Watching GI-Joe with the Chairman and he made some comment that I can't even remember now and OMG!! Suddenly Evil ninjas with jetpacks were the most terrifying thing imaginable. Imagine coming up against an evil ninja with a jetpack? You just couldn't fight that thing.
  4. the Corpse Dancing crow from InuYasha that lives in the tree outside my window: Also known as the Shibugarasu this is a Crow demon that possesses corpses and controls them. And it lives outside my window. I swear, it looks just like it. I liked crows before I met this thing, now I freak out every time I hear one.
  5. Jack Nicholson: How is this man not terrifying? Even when he's older he's still terrifying? Doesn't his face say "I'm going to murder you in your sleep, and there is nothing you can do about it." He was a volunteer firefighter and really did break down that door in the Shining (and he destroyed the prop door in one swing!). Now I know not even a fire door could keep an axe wielding Jack Nicholson at bey and that's the type of Jack Nicholson you most want to keep at bey (followed by the Joker and the mobster from the Departed). Despite this, he is a brilliant actor and I love his stuff (but I still almost wet myself in the Bucket List).
  6. Wrists: They're all veiny and... um... I cannot explain, let alone justify, this fear.

2 comments:

  1. I think the scariest thing in that Shining video is the woman's face..

    OH! A buddy linked this today but I didn't get it cos I'd never seen The Shining.
    http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj114/incog_negro2/l_e1874c871070585b55e33121dd33c290.gif

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with wrists. Looking closely at them, the veins are really clear and it's gross and... I'm going to be a scientist one day, god help me.

    (I actually find all human body insides to be gross. Such as blood. Maybe I should've done biology and dissected a plant.)

    I think zombies are really cool. I hope they don't eat me and we become friends and live in peace and harmony together. :)

    ReplyDelete