Sunday, January 23

Penguins is Fair Dinkum


Zella Kate gave me the Fair Dinkum Award which is awesome and all but it's forcing me to finally write a blog post, which I suppose is a good thing, seeming I haven't written in so long, but it does mean I have to think and try to be creative during my uni break.
The Fair Dinkum award is about being a good buddy so I'm really happy that Zella would consider me a good buddy. To receive the award I have to tell you five things about myself and then pass it on to five other bloggers. Right-o then:
  1. I can memories lyrics extraordinarily well, especially with my favourite songs. My dad is always commenting on it. I know every word to Jesus of Suburbia by Greenday. All 9 minutes 12 seconds of it. (and I suppose I should warn you that the link contains some mature contents)
  2. My favourite author is Shaun Tan. He is an Australian picture book author and illustrator for young adults. People may think that having a picture book author as my favourite author isn't very English nerdy of me but check them out and you'll understand. The Red Tree and the Lost Thing are beautiful books and the Arrival, done entirely in pictures, is incredible, but my favourite book (of all time) is Tales From Outer Suburbia, a collection of beautiful and bizarre short stories. If Zella ever feels like reviewing a picture book she should look into Shaun Tan.
  3. I have an obsession with T-Shirts. I've banned myself from buying anymore shirts except I keep violating that ban. Most of you know about my periodic table t-shirt by now. I also have a Green Eggs and Ham t-shirt and a One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish shirt and a Where the Wild Things Are t-shirt. Someone unfortunately linked me to ThinkGeek the other day as well and I'm likely to go on a T-shirt shopping spree any day now.
  4. I'm studying a Bachelor of Cultural Heritage which has a lot of people saying "Huh?" when I tell them. Basically it's a degree about heritage preservation and museums. I'm hoping to become a museum curator after I graduate. A war museum would be my dream job. I did some work experience with a Fleet Air Arms museum run by a naval base. The close collaboration with the navy and all the war history was amazing. I could happily do that for the rest of my life.
  5. Despite an absolute love for lists I can never achieve the number of things I was aiming for. For a list of 100 things I'll bunk out at around 96. For a list of five things, I can only come up with four.
Now... to give the award to five bloggers...
  1. Laura
  2. O'Malley
  3. Lucy
  4. Tom Parker
  5. Au7is7icr4bbi
Congratulations, winners!

7 comments:

  1. Yay, I won! :P
    (Or, at least, I'm fair dinkum. Which is the same thing. Whatever.)

    Your uni course sounds interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's something about you I've noticed, you always refer to me be full name in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom, I always refer to you by full name when talking to someone else and in my head as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. You're just Laura to me. And when I'm talking to you the other Laura become 'Other Laura'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I'm so flattered! Thanks, and yes, this award did cheer me up! :)
    Hey, I think your uni course sounds very interesting! I love history, and I especially love museums so I think being a museum curator would be a really cool job!
    Can't wait to do this too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy, I can't wait to read yours!
    Tom, I think one of the reasons why I always refer to you by your full name is that my younger brother thinks the name Tom Parker is really awesome. He says its a good solid name. Or something like that. Anyway, its his fault.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, Penguins! :)

    I will try to find some Shaun Tan books. I have never heard of him. Thanks for the recommendation!

    Oooh, working in a museum would be cool! :) I have thought about that or archives with my history degree.

    Hehe My roommate is obsessed with thinkgeek.

    ReplyDelete