Monday, September 6

My Weirdest Fictional Crushes

You've probably learnt by now that I love writing posts about my favourite fictional men. I'm a crazed fangirl, I admit it, and I'm here today to share with you some of my weirder crushes.
Shan Yu - Mulan: Shan Yu is the bad guy from Disney's Mulan. He is obnoxious, he is ugly, he is impossible to like, yet for some crazy reason, I have a mega crush on him. He's just so badass (from now on referred to as BA). I like a lot of guys simply because they're badass and Shan Yu is one of them.
Scar - The Lion King: Last night I was talking to a friend about Disney crushes and it sort of went like this:
Me: I'm in love with most Disney guys. Hero or villain. The bad guy from Mulan, Shang, Scar, Aladdin-
Her: Wait, back up for a minute. Did you just say you're in love with a Lion?
Scar is another BA guy. He is misunderstood and an outcast. Sure, he did some really bad stuff but still- Alright. There's no point defending him. I know he's evil. But he's sexy evil. I mean, for a lion.
Jafar - Aladdin: This is my last for the Disney villains, I promise. You must admit, Jafar is one of the coolest Disney bad guys. Besides him being an utter BA, the reason I love he so much is the song he sings, the Prince Ali Reprise. Only a true villain would taunt the hero with his own song.
Trunks and Vegeta - Dragonball Z: The fact that I love Trunks and Vegeta isn't weird because they're anime characters, because I have a lot of those, nor that they're from Dragonball Z (I've been criticised for crushing on DBZ characters). It's weird because of the father son thing. I love Vegeta because he's BA, dark and moody (and evil). I love Trunks because he's, well, the opposite (except still BA). And he has a sword. This isn't my only father-son fling, I also have a crush on Atticus and Jem Finch, which could really be considered weirder, since Jem is twelve or something and I'm almost nineteen.
The Scout - Team Fortress 2: This is all levels of weird. For starters, he's a computer game character. And not only that, he's this computer game character. I have absolutely no explanation for why I'm crushing on him. It's weird, I know. That's why it's on this list.
Harbouring and bizzare crushes of your own? I want to know.

8 comments:

  1. Scar is most definitely the weirdest one (You realise he tried to kill a child and in one scene is compared to Hitler. He is also a lion).

    Also, how did you write that "[you] love Trunks... [because] he has a sword" and not realize how that comes across?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know your anti-spam Word verification thing. It was just bestiality, I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. Scar is a weird one. Thus why he's on the list. Anyway, while he intended a child dead, he did not in fact try to kill the child himself. He sent his unreliable minions to do it instead. You could over analise the hell out of that.

    I realise how it comes across. But I like swords (actual swords) and Trunks dominates Freeza with his sword so... um... this still sounds... uh...

    Bestiality, huh? On Zella's page it once gave me something that stragely resembled prostitue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Penguins, this is...quite a list. :D

    I think I've mentioned before that we share the Jem Finch crush...interestingly enough, I've rationalized this by deciding that if I did make a fictional-traveling time machine I'd have to go back in time to visit Jem, and then I'd just go back about six years after the story took place, to when he's 18, because technically he's much much *older* than us, what with the book taking place a long time ago. Yeah, it sounded less crazy in my head. :S

    And my verification word was totally just "phonie". I am wondering if this is significant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, I apologize on behalf of my blog, Penguins. :D

    Hehe As you well know, I have a rather sizeable list of fictional crushes myself, almost all of whom are villains or neurotics. As for villains, I must confess I do have something of a crush on Heathcliff, maniacal vengeance-seeking all-around jerk from Wuthering Heights. I have no idea why. I just do. Don't judge me. Ditto for Sweeney Todd, murderous barber, and Anton Chigurh, hit man. There are many more, but I am functioning with little sleep and limited time, so this is my abbreviated list. Then there are the neurotics, who are admirably represented by Sherlock Holmes (Can you say cocaine fiend?), Hamlet (Can you say mommy issues? Hey, that's something we have in common! :D), and Robert Goren (He has so many issues, you can't just categorize him with one). The rest are a general assortment of charming rogues and the occasional brooding anti-hero. (This follows me in real life, too, and it comes back to bite me. *pout*) I will confess to having crushes on Jem, a couple of the LOTF characters, and Rudy from The Book Thief. Seeing as they're all a good deal younger than me, it is something I usually don't mention. But knowing that you and Feather feel the same way makes me feel better. I am so stealing Feathery's time machine idea! :D

    @Feathery: Maybe the word verification was a reference to Holden Caulfield? :D Mine was acingshe. I am not quite sure what to think of that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a lot of love for fictional characters too.
    :).

    Between fangirling over fictional characters and Collingwood footballers, there isn't much time left in the day. :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Feathers: I totally understand your logic and now feel better about having a crush on Jem.

    @Zella: Neurotic crushes are the best. I fully agree with a couple of LotF characters and Rudy. And you know I agree with Sweeny Todd because of my obsession with all Tim Burton characters acted by Johnny Depp.

    @Laura: Collingwood players? That is weird :P

    @Chairman: Yes, oh dear.

    ReplyDelete