Thursday, January 14

I Think it's About Time for a Disney Marathon

I'm currently downloading Disney songs and I was wondering what your favourite Disney songs are? (You cannot read this without posting an answer in the comments. My pet dragon will not let you. He's called Theodore.)
At the moment I'm loving I'll Make a Man Out of You from Mulan. I am seriously dancing and singing to that everywhere I go. "We must be a swift as the coursing river. With the force of a great typhoon. With the strength of the raging fire. Mysterious as the dark side of the moon." Who can hear that without pretending to do Kung Fu?
I've obviously already raided the Lion King for Hakuna Matata (the greatest no worries song this side of Three Little Birds), Can You Feel the Love Tonight (my favourite band piece to play on the flute, and a killer love song) and Be Prepared (the most hardcore song from my youth that is actually kind of Nazi now that I think of it...).
Anyways, I couldn't look past A Whole New World from Aladdin (he sounds like such a nervous teenager when he asks her if she wants to go for a magic carpet ride.) And then, when I got that, I had to get Arabian Nights as well, even though the original version was a little racist (well that can be expected of Disney, we did just have a Nazi reference. And these movies have the most horrific death scenes in the world. Hello, the Snow White's step-mother).
Lets see, what else have I gotten...
Of course, I had to get Belle from Beauty and the Beast because I have a strange feeling that song may be about me... (Although my name doesn't mean beauty... It's a flightless bird... Penguins are beautiful, right? Ah, forget it...) And it's one of my favourite fairy tales. It's pretty much the same as Eros and Psyche, my favourite myth. Anyway, today I plan to walk through the streets of my backwards town singing "There must be more than this provincial life."
I've got Colours of the Wind from Pocahontas. I had to do this after my friend accidentally downloaded the instrumental version so now I can rub it in her face and eventually give her the proper version. I think there is another song in this movie that I want but it's been a while since I last saw it so I can't really remember. Actually, it's been a while since I saw any Disney movies. Time for a Disney marathon.
Anastasia is of course a wonderful, yet another historically inaccurate, Disney movie, and since Once Upon a December had been the lullaby I have sung to myself when I can't sleep since I was a kid, it was an obvious choice for download.
And Somehow I also ended up downloading Once Upon a Dream from Sleeping Beauty. While definitely not my favourite Disney princess movie (well it's up against Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin), this song is surprisingly unforgettable.
Oh! And how did I forget Tarzan's You'll be in My Heart? I downloaded this song some time back to help me play it on the flute because truthfully I suck with anything musical. (Except remembering lyrics. But that's not useful when your singing sounds like a piglet that has been hit by a semi-trailer.).
Anyway, I think that is my list of currently owned Disney movies. Now I command you to tell me your favourite Disney songs (and movies) so I might be able to download those.
Thanks a bunch. Penguins xxx

4 comments:

  1. Ah, Disney, that ye would make movies like that still!
    Now they all have Miley Cyrus in them, or one of her clones. *shudder* (Mind you, I haven't seen The Princess and the Frog yet, but I hear it wasn't good)
    Well, anyway--I LOVE I'll Make a Man Out of You...but it's Son of Man from Tarzan that keeps its place as my favorite. LOVE that one. :D

    I commented! Don't send Theodore after me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let Theodore kill me! :/.

    I like the Lion King. The Circle of Life and Hakuna Matata are my favourite Disney songs. :D.
    And yeah. I haven't watched a Disney movie in AGES so idk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, don't worry Scott, Theodore won't hurt you. You're safe from him too, Laura. (mind you he's only the size of Mushu, so he probably can't do much harm...)

    Also, I want to see Princess and the Frog cause I used to love that fairytale but I am a little suspicious. Their supposed to be doing a Repunzel as well this year which I would love to see. Expecially if they do the whole fairytale, not just the usual tower bit. Knowing Disney they'll do the scary end. (I think there was a scary end... It's been a while...)

    Anyways, thanks for the suggestions! I'm off to download more songs (and look up Repunzel in my old copy of Grimm's)! Keep the suggestions coming people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love You'll Be In My Heart from Tarzan! That song rocks my socks! It's so sweet, and I can't help but sing it in my head right now :)

    ReplyDelete