Sunday, June 28

1984

I'm really into 1984 at the moment (5 chapters into it...). It's just really engaging and interesting and Winston is a very real character. Not that I would be able to get along with him. He's no Holden Caulfield, if you know what I mean... oh dear Holden my beloved... huh? Oops. Got a little distracted there. Uh, where were we. Oh yeah. 1984. Winston just strikes me as a real type of guy, with his bad knee, or was it back? and how he doesn't like needing to use his hands and so forth.
Anyway I'm really enjoying 1984. And as Neil Grant said on Inside-a-Dog "I would switch on Big Brother if George Orwell (author of 1984 and creator of the original Big Brother) rose from the dead and gave Gretel Killeen a hard time."

1 comment:

  1. lmfao. I love 1984.
    We have to read it for year 12 this year!
    :D

    Oh and btw, have you read The Catcher In The Rye? I just read a book called King Dork by Frank Portman and it mentions Catcher In The Rye quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete